Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Dying of boredom

Gabriella here.

I've been in here for like forever. No idea how long it has actually been. I'm sure I could easily find out. I do have internet access after all. I just don't feel like it right now.

Good to know Michael is working on getting me out as soon as possible. I swear I'll end up with a depression if I stay in this bare room for too long. Seeing only one person a day doesn't help either. I wonder how long it'll take for me to get used to seeing a Hazmat suit from up close like this everyday. Unless I already got used to it. I'm not sure.

Speaking of that one person. I'm pretty sure it's the same one everyday. They bring me food and water three times a day. Not that you can call that shit food.

Anyway, back to what I was trying to talk about. I had a chat with hazmat enby. Asked for their pronouns, turns out they're non binary. Asked for their name as well. The only reply I got was “Agent Qilin” which I doubt is their real name. Seems ENCAGE is fond of code names.

Hey Michael, should we get code names as well? Too late now I guess. Oh well, perhaps in another reality.

Sidetracked again. I'm sorry about that. Not really though.

Figured I could get some information out of Agent Qilin. So I started asking questions whenever I saw them. Including this morning. “How's things going out there?”

They shrugged and set down my plate of food. “I think they're still trying to find those oathbreakers that caused all this.”

“This village is small, can't be that many places to hide.”

“Probably not.”

“I figured they'd have searched the whole place by now.”

“If we had more people sure. Look I have other meals to deliver. If you have more questions can you keep them for later?” They gestured to their cart in front of the door.

“Sure, just one more for now. I thought I would have seen a doctor by now. You have any idea when they'll get to me?”

“Our doctor is spending most of her time on making a cure. Not much sense in trying to diagnose people when it's all the same virus anyway.”

“Good point. What if I wasn't infected with the virus though?”

“I believe you coughed up blood, correct? You're infected.” They turned to leave.

“There's other diseases with that symptom. Wouldn't hurt to check, right?” I smiled at them.

“Fair. I'll talk to the doctor.” They didn't smile back but just opened the door and left.

Learned quite a bit from that conversation. For one they still haven't found the oathbreakers. With a village this small that means they're heavily understaffed probably. From the sound of it there is also only one doctor working here and she's busy with finding a cure.

Also learned that hazmat enby never seems to smile. Still need to figure out if they're just a sour person or depressed all the time. Then again those aren't mutually exclusive.

Hopefully I'll be let out when they find out I'm not infected. Michael, babe, if that doesn't happen you're gonna have to hurry up. I'm literally dying in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment